Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Metal and hair, I mean really... what else is there? LOL


This morning I wake up and hear two things. 1) Sebastian Bach, (stock photo) you know him, "18 and Life," "I Remember You," the singer who kicks almost every other metal vocalist out the door, the guy who IS Skid Row? Yes, NOW you remember him. Well, he's going to be ion VH-1 Celebrity Fit Club. The man looked like he needed an intraveneous drip back in the day. I guess it hits us all at some point. 2) "Mmm-Bop" was on my radio, like as in Hanson. Time to change the station settings. Time to wonder if I should go back to bed. It's strange; I find my radio settings are starting to dial further up. I have some classic rock (think 70's), a mix (late 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and today), Christian Contemporary (DC Talk, Michael W. Smith, Jars of Clay, Third Day, Barlow Girl, Jeremy Camp, etc.), talk radio, and a station that seems to play a lot of stuff Chels likes. Next car is coming equipped with Sirius or XM because I like the idea of having an ALL 80's station or Elvis 24/7 at my will (which, you'll be happy to hear, will NEVER happen, but it's nice to know I could make it happen if I wanted to).
-----------
Treadmill: 30 minutes-defeated that machine -- YAY!
-----------
I am half way through the Rubbermaid tub of papers to cull. It was cathartic throwing things away. Will do the rest tonight while I watch my guilty pleasure true crime shows... unless of course L pummels me to death with the remote to watch Mythbusters or a new Top Gear (you never know, it can happen...).
-----------
Prepped the hair for the dyeing tomorrow. Friday I have two, count 'em, two interviews so I wanted the hair sorted prior. Friday is also when the Chels is coming home WHOOT WHOOT! Trust me when I tell you Loreal for True Brunettes (if indeed you ARE a brunette) is your best friend until you can actually get to your regular stylist for a dye job or highlights. This made my hair thicker, the highlights were like caramel, butterscotch and honey all rolled into my natural color and I was more than thrilled with the results. It usually runs in the $10-12 range, but with coupons (and come on, when DON'T I have coupons), and a good Target sale, I can, and in this case, did, get it for $6.99. Love, lurve, LUV it and recommend it to all. To the point where I would even say pay the retail $10-12 - it's worth it and so are you.
------------------


Lita Ford (stock photo) is on my XM radio right this second, singing "Kiss Me Deadly." This is a fitting way to end the post, as we started with The Vox of Metal, Sebastian Bach. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment