Tuesday, September 8, 2009

As it was in the Beginning - Live and Create Light




Live and Create Light.



Pretty intimidating to start out like that, I'd like to think that I can do that on a daily basis. That the life that I live and try to create is giving light to great things. It's a heavy task sometimes.The writer Collete was inspiring and her work relative, she's my namesake and I can only hope to someday be a 1/3rd as carefree as she was. I'm not working a full time job right now (got laid off in November 2007), my photography business - Pocketful of Poses - has been slow, mostly because my head has been focused on getting my 18 year old - Chelsea - in college, but I can't use that as an excuse anymore, she's a month in and by all accounts is doing just fine thank you. So why am I feeling creatively and professionally stagnant?

I have my health for the most part (need to lose a few pounds - but don't we all?), my extended family is doing well. My 42nd birthday is in 6 days ( I know, I don't look a day over 36, right? - LOL ), I have accomplished 3 or 4 things on my list of things to do before I am 45, so I still have some time, but this is a strange feeling and it's getting old quick. So, on to better things This is my first post, it's going to be a journey, but then life always is and
"nothing worth having comes without some
kind of fight, got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight" -
Cockburn


Kicking away - Col

No comments:

Post a Comment