Monday, September 28, 2009

Cooking? Do you mean bung it in the oven?, and Friends,


Yesterday my sister was in the kitchen making up a batch of stuff for her lunches/dinners next week. She is a fun cook, she chops and slices and dices and sautes till the house is brimming with the smells of homemade goodness. I don't even eat half the stuff she makes, but MY GOD, did the house smell yummy! I wish I was that adventurous in the kitchen. Oh sure, I can bake with the best of them, but actual cooking? I still don't have a hold on. My mother cooked until I was 13, then we had a cook from the time I was 13-15, then my mother cooked again, then 15-18 we had a cook. 18-onward, Stouffer's and Lean Cuisine and the odd days here and there I would attempt cooking, but for the most part, I was pre-packaged, add a salad sometimes, and get on with it girl. I'm going to try my hand at this cooking thing again. Last week's chili was fantabulous if I do say so myself and even though I'm only cooking for one, Chel's not home, L doesn't live with me, it will still be fun and think of all the leftovers, so I won't be out buying fast food.
-----------------
Sunday - It was a Sybil day. Dark and blustery one minute, sun shining like all get out the next. Time to get under covers and read a book. I would if I wasn't going to clean house when I get home, but I do hope this signals the beginning of real Fall here in FL. They say April and May constitutes rainy season. I just want some semblance of Fall.
-----------------
“To like many people spontaneously and without effort is perhaps the greatest of all sources of personal happiness.” I try and automatically give people I meet a clean slate. Benefit of the doubt that they will be awesomely nice people if you will. I have been bitten in the butt more often than not. Does this change my perspective on how to approach a new person, friend or acquaintance? No. I try and be a positive part of friend's lives. I figure we all have stuff going on that to us is major/big/stressful. Why add to the negativity? This doesn't always work with my own family though. I think that with family you feel safe and so the least bit of negativity may come out harsher because you feel safe to express it there. I am sincere in my hope for people to have BRILLIANT days. I am working on keeping things positive, even when surrounded by what, at the time seems like insurmountable odds. I hope that even those who I don't see as often as I would like due to some reason or another, realize that I still try and bring some light into their lives even if only via facebook, im's, texts or email. I am hopeful that the light they bring me shines back at them tenfold.
-------------
Interview this morning went well. Wednesday I meet with the actual person I would be supporting, so that will be fun. Tomorrow, lunch with Chelsea, I'm taking her up an ethernet cord for her Mac. Today, Y'all have a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT day.
-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment