Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fear and Loathing in the Produce aisle.






I just found out some of my fave seasonal fruits and veggies are in!
Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables for September: Apples, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Garlic, Leeks, Lettuce, New Potatoes, Spinach, Squash, Sweet Corn, of an abundance of freshness! Our local Farmer's Market is every Sunday, but doesn't really get into full swing until late September, early October, I think I'll start taking a looksee soon.

I don't care for many veg and find it difficult to eat them alone, so other than soups, salads and vegetarian lasagna or pasta dishes, as a whole, veg escapes me. I wish it wasn't like that so I am making an effort (ok, so it's really mainly for my waistline) to incorporate more veg in to the diet.
Kicking away, Col

No comments:

Post a Comment