Thursday, September 10, 2009

Almost The Birthday Weekend

Got the phone call from Apple One, who is the employment agency I am trying to get work from, that I need to meet with the client on Monday at 9, instead of tomorrow at 10, which works as I have to go to the last job and pick up my check from that one tomorrow. Problem then? I was all stoked about the interview Friday and now I have the whole weekend to stew about it. That and my birthday is Monday, so plans to go to Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom are shot.

---------------

So, speaking of the birthday weekend... Friday night, my sister, (we'll call her L) and I are seeing THE PET SHOP BOYS at HOB. In the 80's, my sister and Neil (the singer, yes, the one yawning, there...thanks to the record company for such a great photo on the album cover!)had a meeting of the minds on a tube ride in London. She immediately recognized him, he acknowledged that she recognized him and she smiled at him and left him to be. This also happend in Harrods with George Michael of WHAM - my sister - she's like a magnet, I don't know.... This is the way of my sister. She doesn't want bubbles burst. I understand that. You don't want to find out that in real life that people you respect musically are real tools. I respect Mel Gibson as an actor and his choices in roles and genres. But at the end of the day, he's a tool. So no bubble burst, let's just be happy for the music. I mean come on, when's the next time Neil and Chris are going to come to HOB Orlando? Glad we got tickets before Neil's vanity got the best of him...
--------------------------
Speaking of the $$$$ that I am picking up on Friday, almost 90% of it is going to Chel's tuition bill. The bill itself is only $1600, but I just don't have it. I have been picking at the balance since we got the bill late July but I still have a big chunk of it still to go and live in fear that the college will pull her earnings from her part time job as a lifeguard to go towards the tuition as opposed to her using it for you know, LIVING? I will be the first person to tell you I was not anywhere as near as prepared as I should have been and now I'm paying the price. The other 10%? That would be Groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment