Friday, November 20, 2009

Sunday Sunday and who made you God?, GBC


Excellent music on the ride home Friday! "Keep Me Hanging On"-Kim Wilde's version, "Chains Of Love"- Erasure, "Too Shy Shy"- Kajagoogoo and "Sentimental Street" - Night Ranger to name a few. Yes, it was Friday night 80's on Mix 107.3, and yes, I knew almost every word of all of those songs. Who doesn't love the 80's?!
-------------------
Not usually political or uber religious in this blog, or in my life but I do have a few points I stand strong on and this is one of them. The fact that Patrick Kennedy has been denied his right to take communion by this jackass Dioceses Bishop (on the left Thomas Tobin)because of Kennedy's stance on abortion rights has me steamed beyond all means. This means Kennedy cannot take Communion in Rhode island, he'd have to leave his own state to participate. I am pro choice and not a catholic, but even if I was catholic, I would still be pro choice. No Bishop, Priest or Altar Boy is standing in my way of taking Communion if I so choose to do so. By the way, I was baptized Baptist, and although I don't attend church as often as my mother would like, I still maintain a relationship with God, and HELLO, a BISHOP is NOT GOD, (and in my opinion is unnecessary in one's relationship with GOD) therefore, I would still take communion on the first Sunday of every month if I so choose. Church and State people, Church and State.... where does he get off?
-------------------
Black Friday is coming! I will be working so I will not be participating in the chaos that is this fine tradition of consumerism. As it is, the majority of my shopping will be done online, with a few things bought here and there as I can get to them on days off. I am lucky in that my family sends each other and email or tells each other clearly what we'd like or need and then we all work from that list. Just because something is on the list, doesn't mean you'll get it, but you might so put it on the list is pretty much the rule. It works for us and that way nobody is running around trying to find "The Perfect Gift" for someone who just can't make up their mind of what they want.
--------------------
My L wrote that we only have 6 weeks to go till the end of the year. Can I tell you something? I looked at a horoscope sometime in September 2008 (when I was still unemployed) and it said that all the job drama would be finished by end of October 2009. I was offered the job on the 30th of October and started the 9th of November. Freaky? I think so. 6 weeks and I don't feel rushed, I don't feel like if I don't finish everything will go up in smoke. There's always next year. 2010, we have so much we can accomplish, I cannot wait! I have so many plans and you know what, this year I'm actually able to accomplish pretty much everything I have set out to do for me and mine. You can't imagine the peace that gives me. It's been a long 2 years, and I have learned soooooo much from those two years. Mistakes made, actions noted, won't make them again. I can assure you that.
--------------------
Just got back from Target - clothes shopping for work, haven't done that in a long time so it was nice to buy some clothes for me and not have to justify it to terribly to myself.
--------------------
Got a lot accomplished last night - dishes done, laundry two loads, the GBC in the family room as far as magazines is almost done, cleaned out both cars, took out trash, will continue on tonight. I know Sunday nights are supposed to be to relax before the chaos that is a Monday morning, but I'd rather be able to come home to a cleaner, more organized house. Have a Brilliant Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment