Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She sells Sanctuary, now if I onlyknew for how much :)

Remember when I said I was going to see more shows from now on and this coming year? The Cult (see photo) played Hard Rock Orlando Saturday night. I won tickets. Did I go? No. The Cult had a few great hits, Fire Woman, She Sells Sanctuary, Love Removal Machine, Matt Sorum (far right, from Guns and Roses) has taken over drums, Ian Astbury is still a drama queen and their guitarist Billy Duffy (far left) is amazing, but I was just too tired. Relationship drama, and just general catching up on other things overcame the desire to go to Hard Rock. I don't regret missing the show, but I don't know if the opportunity arose again, I would have choosen the same way. If performance is a priority for me, and it is, then I should make more time for it.
------------------------------
Sunday, was supposed to have been a day of rest. I would have loved to do that, but I had laundry to do and a living room that looked like the magazine fairy came and dumped all of her load on my massive 36" round coffee table. Literally you could not see the top of the table for all that was on it. That and the kitchen needed a scrubdown and I needed to meal plan lunches. As I am quite possibly the only person in my family who doesn't care about football at all, for that matter, most sports, I was not swayed by the silliness that is men running after one another and toppling on top of each other to get a filled pigskin from one end of stadium to the other, and I was able to accomplish most on the to do list tonight. I say that all queen-like, know that as soon as I got home, I put on Forensic Files, and had that on in the background as I did chores, so really, I haven't won at all ;).
-------------------------
Chels gets proper inducted this weekend to her Sorority - Alpha Chi - so white dress shopping was a success, I hope the photographer is better than the man who shot her graduation ceremony photos, those were atrocious, needless to say, we didn't buy those. I take better shots that that guy and he has a storefront and staff. You can't just give any old person a few cameras and hope for the best at major life events, I wish the school had recognized that when shopping out vendors for the job.
-------------------------
In other news, I am still thinking about the Legal Administrative Assistant Certification. It has potential to be a good thing down the line, only problem is the timing, it's Thursday nights, now I think the new class starts October 2010, so maybe my schedule by then will work around classtime, so we'll see, but it's something to think about. I'm a damn good Admin, might as well get certified for it.
--------------------------
Off home, baking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment