Monday, October 12, 2009

The Restlessness and a Story of Toys

Restless tonight, cause I wasted the light... this is the best way to describe the way I feel today. I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin and do/go/be/have/fix something, somewhere, somehow. I get like this and for the most part my inclination leads me into trouble. I spend too much money, I eat too many sweets, I stay up too late, I go out and party too hard, you get the picture. Last night, Meg, Chel and I went to see Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs, then had dinner at Market Street before Meggie had to catch up with some other friends and leave this morning to go back home. We had fun and as we were watching the movie I thought to myself 'this is only the second time you have been out out in two or three months.' So I mourn the days when I could hop in the car and be at the Club with the girls or the Pub with a group of friendly people, or even a movie more often with Chris, but the way things are financially, the distance between suburbia and "the city" that can't be justified in my mind for a marginal musician I would only see if I lived ten minutes from the pub, and the work schedules of some of my friends have been sent to sabotage my social life. I didn't and still don't feel like I can just go out and have a good time without footing my share of the bill. I don't like being indebted to other people even if it's just over a round of beer or a cover charge, so I just stopped going out. Once I'm working again, it will be easier for me to justify the expense of seeing live music with friends, having a happy hour meet up, and or doing a pub crawl. Until then, my jaunts, unfortunately, are going to have to be far and in between.
-------------
There's no mail today as it's Columbus Day. This brings me no joy. Getting mail, for the most part is like Christmas! I love opening my box to see a new issue of a magazine I love, or, now that it's close to the holidays, what catalogue am I in store for today? Yes, there will always be bills in our boxes, there's no stopping that, but the other stuff is what makes it fun! I can look at it like this though, tomorrow's mail will be even more awesome because it will be two day's worth.
-------------

Is it silly for a 42 year old woman to be THIS excited about seeing Toy Story 1&2 3-D as a double feature? They say that in intermission, there is Toy Story trivia... I can't wait! I love the Slinky Dog, and Rex is awesome, I think he may be my favorite. I didn't care for TS2 as much as TS1 because I didn't like Jesse. Mind you, I love Joan Cusak in all her other stuff. I can sit through it again though. TS3 is coming soon, June 18th 2010 is the date I heard. Woody, Buzz, and the rest of their toy-box friends are dumped in a day-care center after their owner Andy departs for college. Already, the movie trailer has some cute quotes: Hamm the Piggy Bank: C'mon, let's see how much we're going for on eBay...

No comments:

Post a Comment