Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh What a week it was


Wow, it seems like I've been away much longer than a week, but my what a week it was! Started Holiday shopping. I am a crazy woman when it comes to Christmas. It is my fave holiday and it is imperative to me to have my family around on Christmas morning. If I have to work Christmas later in the day that's fine, but don't even try and mess with my Christmas morning. My mother is the most difficult person to shop for.
---------------
That child (Chelsea) came home from school, we went shopping, saw Toy Story 1&2 which we both laughed so hard through and thoroughly enjoyed, and a lovely period piece called Bright Star about the poet Keats. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Chels loves Keats so for her it was brilliant. I love this photo. It was at the Renaissance Faire in Maryland. It's one of the largest fairs in the country and we loved going there each season. She must have been in 5th or 6th grade here.
----------------
I got three, yes count them, three job calls. I won't jinx it by talking about them now, but I was ecstatic that I got the calls. Interviews scheduled for this coming week.
----------------
My mother is due to come home end of month. YAY! Her freelance contract is up. BOO! My father will be home for Christmas and then he returns back to VA for his contract. Chelsea leaves for school tomorrow night, will be back for Thanksgiving. This is Chelsea's graduation in June of this year. My dad is so proud, he's about to pop! I think it's fun to see the way they interact with her as opposed to the way they did with myself and my sister. It's just so different. I guess it's true what they say "When you have your own children you'll understand..."
--------------
It's a beautiful day here. After having such horrid heat for October, 93, but feels like 100 with the heat index, this morning called for a high of 75. Tomorrow the high is 70-72. Now THIS is my kind of weather. I still miss the colors of Fall back up north, but I don't miss the freezing cold, snow or ice. That said, I can't stand the heat here or up north so.. I know, there's no pleasing me :)
--------------
If you do NOTHING else this week, you must watch The Big Bang Theory. Why? Because Wil Wheaton is going to be guest starring on it. Need more coaxing? here: http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2009/10/hey-look-its-the-promo-for-my-episode-of-the-big-bang-theory.html I love his wit and this show anyway so for me, it's Cake :) In fact, you need to watch all the shows on CBS' Monday night lineup. It's so worth it!
-------------
Off to try and make up the next week's shopping list, which I think will be much different than last weeks as it will not have "Chelsea food" on it. I might see the laundry room later tonight, but I'm not counting on it :) and last but not least, today's installment of THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW SO YOU CAN SLEEP TONIGHT : Chris Pine (James T. Kirk from the newest Star Trek) is working his way up to playing another icon, novelist Tom Clancy's heroic Jack Ryan.According to Variety, Pine is in early negotiations with Paramount to reboot a series that kicked off in 1990, with Alec Baldwin playing the CIA operative in 'The Hunt for Red October.' I leave you with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment