Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disney, Being 4, The Collegiate, Work




What is it about Disney that makes us 4-7 year old children again when we, as adults, go there with the kids? I don't know, but I don't fight it. Fiona, 4 years old.

To be 4 at Disney World is a magical thing. You aren't the jaded 7 year old who has seen it all, and knows everything. When Belle or Cinderella hugs you, it's A BIG DEAL, DUDE!!!
Pooh Bear, Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet invite you to breakfast? You can't say no to that!


I am a grown up. I am not 4. I cannot honestly tell you that when Aurora hugged me the first time I met her in my 30's, it wasn't a big deal. I cannot honestly tell you I didn't burst into tears like a big baby cause I was so happy. That would be a lie. I'm glad Fee had more composure and maturity to just curtsy at Belle. I am still waiting to meet Prince Phillip and Maleficent. Merriweather as well, she is my fave fairy. HINT HINT, Christopher, if you made that happen, that would be the biggest coup you ever pulled off. That would complete my Disney dream. I have been visiting Walt Disney World since the year it opened, even when we lived in other states, we came to FL to visit family, but we ALWAYS went to Disney World. I went to Disneyland when I lived in CA, but it didn't measure up (even though the castle was Sleeping Beauty's). We now live about 15 minutes away from the front gate of The Magic Kingdom. Once I am back in happy finances, this princess is getting herself an annual pass. You never know when you have baby cousins come to town... someone needs to take them there, why not me?

------------

Had lunch with this child today... took her white short formal dress up for her sorority induction ceremony later in the month, as well as some hoodies and long sleeve shirts, because "mom, it was freezing up here the other night!" Wanted to take her off campus for lunch, so we went to Panera, laughed a lot, drove, laughed some more, made plans for the holidays, laughed even more. I'm so happy she's doing well, she's involved in intramural sports, her volleyball team is in semi finals, her "sisters" seem to be nice people. She has a clear direction of where she wants to be and how and what it's going to take for her to get there. So much more of a grown up than I was at her age. Shoot, sometimes, she's more grown up than I am now. I was glad to catch up with her and I have a sneaky and great feeling that she was happy to have had some Chellie/Mommi time with me. Oh hey, heads up-Panera has a shortbread cookie that is so deceptively delish, the fat content I cannot begin to think about, but MY GOD, that was a wonderful cookie! That said, since we started back on program I've lost 2.6 pounds, the real weigh in is on Monday, I'll let you know what the outcome is.
-------------------------------------
My interview with the cable company went well. I was there from 10 until 3 in the afternoon as I had two interviews and then they sent me for drug testing, that has to be a good sign, right? They said I would hear from them within 7-10 days depending on getting back the drug test and the references etc. There are many other people vying for positions, so I was happy to get as far as I did so soon. Here is praying that I do get this, because it will make Spring Semester so much less stressful for me, as well as maybe getting a start on really paying down debt. I leave you with the wish that you pray for me and mine and I will for you and yours.
------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment