Saturday, December 5, 2009

Link Love, Stolen 26


I just read a really interesting post at http://www.bripblap.com/ .. Wealth Work and Life Success The Brip Blap blog -- about quitting soda. I am a Diet Coke fiend and am having the absolute worst time at trying to even cut down much less quit it all together, so this was a good read and inspiration for my resolutions. I am trying to break up with all soda (and as I don't care for lemony-lime drinks like Sprite or Sierra Mist, Diet Coke is my one arch enemy) in the New Year, so I will refer back to this post again I am sure. I love the blog anyway, but this hit home for me.
---------------------
Things have been so very busy, I feel bad that I haven't been blogging as much as I would like. I promise that I will do better. Come the New Year, the house wifi and computers etc. will be all sorted out and I will be able to do posts at 2 a.m. if the mood comes over me, alas, right now, that option isn't available to me unless I move in here, my parents house, and that, my friends isn't going to happen. Bear with me.
---------------------
http://myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com/ While giving link love, I thought I'd bring this one up. Photos of your parents are priceless and fun when you look at them, now think if we all were able to look at them as well. "Dude! Your parents WERE indeed awesome!"
---------------------
Today-more holiday shopping, cards finished up so I can mail them on Monday, bank deposits, bookstore, laundry and trying to keep dry. We got hit with some serious rain and lightning the last few days. Chel is in the lightning capital of Florida (I think it might be the Lightning capital of the USA- Lakeland, FL) AND she has been sick and achy the last week and a half so the storm didn't help her out at all either. I know we need the rain, but come on, I think we've cleared the deficit now. I suppose I shouldn't complain as there are friends up north, who are shivering the night away as it's already snowing.
---------------------
http://www.myspace.com/anthonyraneri -- "Ballad of Bill The Saint" on Ant's player. Quite possibly the best I have ever heard him. yes, it's Ant from Bayside. I know, you were surprised weren't you?
--------------------
Stole this from Frugal Dreamer http://www.frugaldreamer.com/
Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater? I'm seeing Boondock Saints on Sunday, so I'll go with that one, but I know it was "Fantastic Fox" or something like that with George Clooney in it.
What Book Are You Reading? Been WAY to busy to read books, but was able to get through The Goddess Guide - Gisele Scanlon http://www.amazon.com/Goddess-Guide-Gisele-Scanlon/dp/0061434957 I can flip through a magazine quickly and read blogs like there's no tomorrow but haven't read a book in a while.
Favorite Board Game? Monopoly
Favorite Magazine? I read WAY to many, but I do love Lucky, Vanity Fair, Allure and First the best.
Favorite Smells? French Vanilla Candles from White Barn Candle Company - alas they are no more, so now just french vanilla candles.
Favorite Sounds?
Good live music, Soundtracks to films I love, my daughter's laugh
Worst Feeling In The World? When I have to say no to my daughter
First Thing You Think of When You Wake? I hope it’s not raining! ( Stole that one from Frugal dreamer as well ;))
Favorite Fast Food Place? McDonald's
Future Child’s Name? Boy: Liam Girl: Evelyn (Evie)
Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money,”
I'd buy you a green dress... (Barenaked Ladies... - "If I had a million dollars") - No really, I would give 2/5 to my parents, 1/5 to my sister,1/5 to Chelsea and put the rest in a savings account so I will have something to live on when I am old and grey :)
Do You Drive Fast? For the sake of honesty in this blog, I'll go with yes.
Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal?
No
Storms—cool or scary?
It depends, am I outside in them, either in the car or physically outside, the WAY NO!. If I am inside (and hopefully all my loved ones are as well..) and preferably in bed, then MOST Definitely.
What Was Your First Car?
Chevy Malibu my father handed down to me.
Favorite Drink?
Diet Coke. preferably from a fountain soda machine
Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…” Take more photos
Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli?
That's pretty much the only reason why I eat broccoli.
If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be?
This makes me laugh as I have been dying my hair since I was 13, so I'll go with the light brown with blond highlights that I usually dye my hair now with.
Favorite Sport to Watch?
I don't usually watch sports anymore, but if I was back into it, Baseball, Tennis, College Basketball (GO DUKE, GONZAGA and FLORIDA SOUTHERN!)
What’s Under Your Bed?
NO IDEA, I'm not going under there to look either... no, really, dust bunnies I think.
Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again?
Only if was allowed to know what I know now and be able to make some changes in decisions.
Morning Person or Night Owl?
HOOT HOOT - Night Owl ALL THE WAY.
Over Easy or Sunny Side Up?
I can only eat eggs scrambled well.
Favorite Place to Relax?
In bed, with piles of notebooks and magazines and books, and catalogs surrounding me.
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
I quite like Mint Choc chip, but I do love Haagen Daas Strawberry
-------------------
My mothers house is all decorated. My sister deserves all the credit. Not only are all my mother's Santas up, the tree is done, some of the presents are wrapped and on the living room coffee table anxiously waiting their turn to be put under the tree, (we don't put them under the tree till much later as they have to be arranged as we all take turns opening one by one, youngest to oldest and we don't want all the presents for one person all in one corner of the tree skirt-- it's all very complicated, but it's tradition and it works for us, so...) I'm so excited, Christmas, for me by far, is the best holiday ever! I hope everyone is having fun with their holiday traditions and celebrations. Have a brilliant brilliant tomorrow!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment