Thursday, December 17, 2009

The other shoe hasn't dropped.


Ever had one of those moments where you think to yourself 'Ok, this is just too too good, when's it all going to go to hell in a handbasket'? I've been having those moments (and I can hardly call them moments because it's been going on for about a month now) and NOTHING bad has happened. I've probably jinxed myself by saying so, but I don't think I've been this happy in a while. It's not just job related, it's everything. In every aspect of life, it seems, things are going along not just swimmingly, but actually moving forward to the places I want them to be. Coincidence that I let A LOT of things/people/mindsets go at the same time? I think not. Toxicity in whatever form it takes is still toxicity. So waiting for the other shoe to drop, I am no longer. Although if these Carlos Santana pumps were the ones that were dropping, I wouldn't mind as much maybe ;)
--------------------------------------------
FYI- Caramel Corn is the Devil, I'm just sayin...
--------------------------------------------
It's 12:07 on Thursday morning. My daughter comes home for the holidays this afternoon until the 3rd or so of January. I can't wait. We have holiday shopping to finish, movies we wanted to catch together, just girl time in general. This is not something that we only wait for the holidays to share. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with her. How many 18 year old girls do you know want to spend time with their mothers? So many mothers and daughters don't spend the time with each other, not quality time at least, I pray it doesn't change, ever. I'll take hours listening to her tell me about people I'll never meet and an ice cream sundae that feeds 20 people over never having the opportunity to hear about it any day. With that, I say good night and pleasant dreams to you all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. SO many people would die to have that kind of relationship with their kiddo. cherish it, you're a lucky gal!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, and am so thankful for it everyday! Hope you and yours are well :)

    ReplyDelete