Friday, December 18, 2009

Don't wait, do you hear the call?


One of the most beautiful things in the world to me is these old time microphones. One of the best things in the world to me is people whose music I enjoy or whose opinions I respect perform behind them.
This year holds so many shows, exhibits, performances, opportunities to hear spoken word, the experiences are overflowing the calender and it's not even January yet. I hope you take the opportunities and enjoy them as they come. Don't waste another minute not positively affecting your soul in one way or another. For some people its art, some people it's cinema. Me, it's music and photography and theatre. I guess I am just trying to make sure that 2010 is the best year ever, and one of the ways to make that happen is to do things you enjoyed doing and stopped for whatever reason. Henry Rollins, Craig Ferguson, Carbon Leaf, Howie Day, Clayton Senne, Matt MacKelcan, Christian Wilson, A Chorus Line, there's more, I just don't have my planner in front of me, various and sundry local productions are all a bang up start to the New Year, I look forward to spontaneous outbursts of friends playing out, and me taking a few days to see them perform in Dallas FT Worth (uhm hum- Daniel), Kentucky (Noelie Noel) and NY (Dan The Man) and I cannot wait! I figure the flights are worth it, because my soul aches for great music. I hope your soul hears the call as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment