Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Highland way.. oh... and the bliss that is Sonic


Trying keep the zen that is this picture, but it is getting increasingly more difficult.
-------------
I had a full post and we lost power - the trials of blogging here at work...
-------------
Last night found out that Pudge Rodriquez is STILL in baseball, go you Mr. Man! I also found out that Chipper Jones is retiring. Way to make me feel ancient Chipper! I was there when you were an infant who had just made it to the big show and now this?! God almighty, time flies!
-------------
You know what else I found out? Winnie the Pooh and his friends (yes, THE REAL POOH BEAR, not disney pooh, not classic pooh,)all live at the New York Public library. Yet another reason to visit the fine city again. (Besides seeing Daniel Cole and the Mrs.)
------------
Something happened this week that has put a full on STOP to plans on a grand scale, affecting every part of our lives. It's not our fault either, it's just a bitch of a situation. I HATE it when things I have absolutely no control over can just turn life and plans upside indiscriminately. Not that my plans were grand, but they were still plans. But we'll do what we do, fight hard, survive, live (the Highland way...)and this we will get through. I'm just over this and some other things and a renovation on everything/one/place is in the works soon, methinks.
------------
On a good note, my father's eye surgery went well and he is expected to be able to go back to VA the 2nd week of July barring anything coming up bad at the follow up on Monday.
------------
The photography is good. I have shoots scheduled, locations scouted, new models booked, a wedding booked, pregnancy shoot booked, layout for the book drafted up,the first round of Proust questionnaires are out, waiting on responses on those for the book, and will be sending out the 2nd round on Tuesday or Weds. The process is a long one, but I am excited about seeing the finished product. New business cards, photocards and branding design done, just need to be ordered. At some point, maybe after the daughter is finished with University, the photography can be more income producing because I might be able to devote FT hours to it as opposed to 1/4 time that I am able to now. I am aiming to have that balance be 50/50 by years end. We'll see how everything pands out. Till the the day job stays.
-------------
Russell Crowe has signed to be in a big screen version of The Equalizer, http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/06/equalizer-remake-russell-crowe-woodward.html -- I wasn't a huge fan of the show, but if Russell is involved, I'll give the movie a chance.
-------------
I recently has SONIC for the first time ever. Needless to say, I am hooked. I have never in my life, had a better bacon sammy. I don't do tomato's so my BLT is a BL sandwich and this was amazing, texas toast, thick cut brown to a crisp bacon, no visible fate, it was AMAZING, paired with my strawberry slushy thing they do, I was in heaven. How is it possible I had never had this before I don't even know. I can assure you, I will be a frequent guest :)
------------

No comments:

Post a Comment