Thursday, May 13, 2010

There’s no finish line. Link Love, Movietimes,

Am looking for some new music to put on some mix cds for an upcoming road trip to NC. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
-----------------------------------------
"What’s something you know now about happiness that you didn’t know when you were 18 years old?" asked Gretchen Rubin. "There’s no finish line." replied Larry Smith - Smith Magazine -- THAT? Probably the biggest thing I have learned in my 25 years since becoming an "adult". Every time I think that I have a handle on it - it turns out I don't. I'm not sure that any of us ever will. That said, in the words of my friend Cameron Ivey - "Without the fright, standing on a line, I might as well call it a night." I'm tired of running the marathon - where's the finish line? Is it after your children leave the nest? After your 50th birthday? When you are made a Mgr at your job? When you have a cool Million in the bank? When? Anybody know- please bring me on board with an answer, otherwise I'm going with there just isn't one, we keep pushing on.
------------------------
I never tire of this and often listen just to get some french in.. AND THE CROCODILE and HIPPOPOTAMU!! OH MY!
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=35694
------------------------
I am in love with these two songs- Matt MacKelcan's "Drive" http://www.myspace.com/mattmackelcan
and "Black Summer" by The Country Slashers. http://www.myspace.com/countryslashers
They are on rotate right now. Mind you, I love all of Matt's stuff and Jason's voice gives me chills, so anything they play is great. If you're looking for new music to get into, I highly recommend both bands.
-------------------------
I'm a big Bass girl, it's Lou's fault, he knows, but anyhoo--- I highly recommend this man and his brilliant fingers... James McKeever http://www.myspace.com/jamesbeadg5 Check out his player - great stuff. If you're a purist, "Blues for Roger" is gorgeous.
-------------------------
Ian McKellan is turning 71 on the 28th of this month. 71. I truly truly hope we get back to London and I get to meet him before anything happens. It astounds me that he has done so much in the time given. I only have a few OMG! moments when it comes to celebrities, but it's McKellan. I won't rest till I do.
-------------------------
Just for fun: and part of my continuing I love....

Small things I rely on constantly:
1. Tweezers. I have used mine to the point where you can't see the brand name on the side. Love mine!
2. Baggies. I carry at least one in my purse all the time, change, ink cartridges, eye shadow brushes, who knows, but it's all contained in a baggie.
3. Pens. Papermate Write Bros. Medium tip Black Ink.
4. Scissors. In the bathroom, in the kitchen, on the desk, I use them almost 2x a day every day
------------------------
LCL PHOTOGRAPHY - The first round of Proust questionnaires will be going out on Tuesday, please get them back as soon as you can, so I can start getting the soft draft set up. Thanks
------------------------
I love movies so I leave you with a movie meme :
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times: Boondock Saints, Master and Commander, The Far Side of the World; Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Notebook, The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, and The Empire Strikes Back, The Mummy Trilogy, The Bourne Trilogy, should I go on?

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in a theatre: The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, Master and Commander, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie: Ed Burns, Liam Neeson, Norman Reedus, Viggo Mortenson, Sean Bean, Sean Patrick Flannery, Ryan Gosling, Mel Gibson, Russell Crowe and Kurt Russell

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie: Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey,

5. Name a movie that you can quote from: SEE ANY of the above movies

6. Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs: 0: I don't know ALL the lyrics to any musical except Les Miz and the movie they made for it was not a musical.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with: The Sound of Music

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see: See all of the above movies

9. Name a movie that you own: See all of the above movies some I own all of these listed: theatrical version, director's version, multiple copies of each

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops: Harry Connick Jr.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in?: Yes

12. Ever made out in a movie?: Yes

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to it: Seven Pounds

14. Ever walked out of a movie?: twice I think

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theatre - oh I don't know, I get very involved in film so probably a few

16. Popcorn?: About 10% of the time, not a big popcorn lover

17. How often do you go to the movies?: Maybe 20x a year. I wish I went more, I love the movies

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?: A Death in the family (The Chris Rock/Tracy Morgan thing)an America remake of the orig English film

19. What is your favorite/preferred genre of movie?: drama, then comedy

20. What was the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?: The very first movie I saw was TONY ROME, with Frank Sinitra and Jill St. John. I was 6 months old. The first one I remember seeing was a SINBAD movie (Sinbad the pirate explorer fighting a cyclopsy snake thing, I remember Medusa being in it)with my uncle. It was a matinee.
----------------------
Have a brilliant brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment